Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Well Whaddya Know

Just as I have been in the midst of deciding on a proper review format (see previous post for more detail), it seems like print/website giant 1Up, and thus EGM, have decided to completely revamp their own scoring policies: eschewing the numbered scale in favor of the more familiar letter grade system that we all learned to love and hate in school.

Admittedly, I've been toying around with a similar grading system as well, but it's interesting to see such a widespread media outlet like 1UP to adopt a new scoring system just like that. Methinks this idea has probably been kicking around for awhile in their offices, and for whatever reason they did it for, I do look forward to the change - now all that is left to see is how their readership react to it.

Source: Kotaku - 1UP Changes Scoring Policy

PS. +Personal Update: Been dragging my ass all week in school, in part because of a paper that was due last week still hasn't been turned in. . . (this being the main reason why I have yet to finalize a decision for my review stuff) . . . jesus why can't I just finish the damn essay already? It's been hovering over my head incessantly since Friday. I really need to focus somehow.

No comments: